Sunday, May 10, 2009

Trial and Error?


Every once in a while, when I get in the mood to try something 'new', I have a trial go at it. This week I printed out a 6-valued, posterized image and painted right on top of it with every bright, glitzy, and glittery color I could find. Uhhh. Errr. Hmmm. Kitschy Klimt. I'm not sure what to think. I did sell a kitschy painting for $650.00 though... and people seem to like this one!
People actually do this and sell their 'work'. Isn't that cheating? It's just like 'paint-by-number', except the underlying printer's ink bleeds up and discolors everything and not in a good way!
Makes me want to finish an oil painting that I started of Bailey a long time ago...or do the whole thing over only with REAL paint this time....

1 comment:

Dan Johnson said...

That's a good idea..