Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Fine Art of Furniture

I saw a man disposing of an old dresser with his trash, so naturally I had to see if it were 'free'. I couldn't leave it abandoned by the roadside, so we put it in my truck and drove it home. I immediately sprayed it flat gray and started brushing on my favorite hospital green with random white, brown, and black streaked in. Throw some watered-down 'nasty' at it and let it all dribble and soon you'll have my special "SLUMSIDE HOTEL" color...where dead men lost their bones...[always throw in an Eliot line whenever possible!]
I messed around on my front porch with several of these intriguing pieces of crap and soon I had someone ask if 'my antique dollhouse' was for sale! HA HA HA! NO! I love my
Slumside Apartment building and my Hostel, and the crummy Haliewa building, and my little Waialua store, and my KC Uptown Theatre/Heavy Metal arena...and the smaller, creepier Ed Gein Toolshed, and the Serial Killer Jail. They are so much fun...if you scroll down, you will see the Apt and Jail. I will try to get more pics posted soon, but really need to relearn how to do thumbnails, etc and how to make this site look better soon!
OOOhhh...the Serial Killer Jail will actually play music by itself in the middle of the night...now doesn't that send a chill up your spine!?

No comments: