Thursday, October 2, 2008

Mind Trash


Each time I see Dan's opening blog rocky beach picture, all I can envision are the two people in the background, one up/one down, with a rather obscure object in the foreground which I keep seeing as an AK-47. Don't ask me why, but that's what I see. Or a machine gun. My mind at work...

I almost started this blog with "I rolled over in bed the other night and felt something hard..." (!) which sounded inappropriate, but the truth. There was one of the "A" guns tucked under the covers, an AK or an AR-15--whatever, but it was hidden there when a lazy boy didn't lock it up in the gun safe like he was supposed to.

Speaking of stalkers in an earlier blog, I just learned that a friend and her old boyfriend had each filed restraining orders against one another. This seems like a game or a soap scenario--who breaks it first? Look at the beach pic again: Do you see his arm pointing? Is he demanding? Yelling for her to get up and get the heck out of his life??? LEAVE. RIGHT. NOW.

I heard an interesting quip on TV last night: you're "pathologically allergic to human relationships". I couldn't remember exactly if it were 'pathologically' or psychologically' allergic, but the online dictionary pretty much defines them in a similar fashion, although being 'pathologic' seems dredged with a bit more negative or sinister aspects than 'psychologic' does!

But isn't that an interesting phrase? Is that me? Am I allergic? Are many of us 'allergic to human relationships'? (Would this be like a cat allergy?--meow.) I suppose it could be an 'innate slight mental phobia: a whispering fear of closeness'--yeah, people in general should just be avoided!

Or like my friends mentioned above--it turns into a "pathological lingering addiction for diseased human relationships". Don't break that restraining order! I can see it now, like that guy in the pic...soon he'll run over and grab that up that weapon...

Just kidding. It looks like a nice beach, a loving couple, and its probably just driftwood and a coat!

1 comment:

Dan Johnson said...

I always wondered what they were doing in that picture too, weird.
That's pretty funny, restraining orders against each other? Just when you think you've heard everything.
I think you just may have diagnosed me with your pathological/psychological allergy, interesting to say the least...